Who is this ruhner?
Hi there and welcome to ruhner.com!
As you may have already guessed, I love to run and play in the great outdoors. I live and train in the beautiful city of Portland, Oregon (USA). Ruhner.com is where I ramble about my running adventures and mishaps, stuff I see while running and playing in the mountains, places to run and visit, and other unimportant stuff.
Hey, do you like lists? Me, too! Here’s a list of things about me, because of course you want to know random things about me.
- am nice.
- have been a runner for about 24 years, pretty much my entire adult life (aside from a fat phase or two).
- made my living as a musician 🎸 for a couple years, then decided I liked having enough money to eat.
- ran my first ultramarathon in 1998. I didn't carry any food or water.
- rarely wear regular shoes other than when I run.
- don't like racing all that much and prefer running solo in the mountains.
- love apples. Really, I love apples.
- actually enjoy hill repeats but hate running in cirlces on a track.
- am a father and love my family more than anything. Nothing in this world compares to being a dad.
- have been known to surprise my fellow runners with treats and butt-wipes at the most crucial of times.
- love to draw.
- never pack my bag until the day I'm leaving.
- love dogs. 🐕
- make a living as a geek.
- love cooking things that I don't personally like or enjoy eating (i.e. cakes, pasta, desserts, etc.).
- have been doing Pilates at home and with an instructor since 2010.
- love pens, pencils, and paper. Seriously, don’t go to an art store with me.
- rarely, and I mean rarely, run with people other than my kids.
- currently love the color orange.